Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Call for Abstracts:
Joint ITE International and Southern District Annual Meeting and Exhibition
Deadline for Submissions: Tuesday, December 3
You are invited to submit an abstract in support of the upcoming Joint ITE International and Southern District Annual Meeting and Exhibition (#ITENOLA2020).
The program for the National Rural ITS Annual Conference will be integrated into this meeting with a track focusing specifically on topics relating to rural intelligent transportation systems.
2020 is the 90th Anniversary of ITE. This year’s theme – Celebrating the Past l Shaping the Future – celebrates both the history of where we've been as a profession and sets the stage for the next century of transportation. ITE seeks abstracts that address the broad range of issues that underlie transportation's transformative role in building vibrant, livable, and healthy communities.
In developing your abstract, we encourage you to thoughtfully consider the theme and purpose of the meeting and shape your proposed presentation appropriately. An attendee needs to come away from your presentation with immediately applicable tools and/or skills or a clear vision how what you presented will shape the future of transportation. A list of meeting topics is included below.
This site gives you the opportunity to submit an abstract for either a presentation or a session using the SUBMIT button above. Please make sure to select the correct option. If submitting for a session, please identify speakers for the session - this is not required, but experience indicates that session abstracts without identified speakers have a low probability of being selected.
How to Submit Your Abstract:
- If you are either a member of ITE, past member of ITE, submitted an abstract last year, or know that you have an account with ITE, click the Log In button to begin the submissions process.
- If you’ve never submitted an abstract with ITE and have never been a member, click here to create an account and earn log in credentials. You will then need to return to this page to submit your abstract.
- Have questions about logging in? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions about the submission process or the meeting? Email Linda Pierre
- Building Effective Pedestrian and Bike Networks
- Complete Streets: Designing for All Users
- Creating Great (and Healthy) Communities through Transportation
- Creative Management of Work Zones
- Data Driven Decision-Making
- Designing Cities for Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Developing a Transportation Workforce for the 21st Century
- Equity in Transportation - How Do We Achieve It?
- Improving Safety at Railroad Grade Crossings
- Innovative Intersection Designs - Roundabouts and More
- Managing Curbsides: Too Many Uses, Not Enough Space
- Managing Speeds through Traffic Calming and Design
- Managing the Complete Trip in Rural and Small Communities
- Managing Urban Freight Movement
- Moving Toward Safe Systems and Vision Zero Today
- Mobility as a Service - Tools and Strategies
- Rural ITS Weather, Special Events, and Tourism Applications
- Signs and Markings: Innovations that Work
- Smart Communities=Technology+People
- Traffic Incident Emergency Response Technologies and Strategies
- Traffic Operations Signal: Balancing Safety and Mobility
- Transportation Planning - From Long Range to Action!
- Trip Generation and Traffic Impact Analysis: What's New?
(Note: This has become a highly competitive process. A significant number of quality abstracts have been received by the established deadline over the past few years. While late submissions will be accepted, there is a decreased chance they will be included in this year's program. Please plan accordingly to submit your abstract by the deadline.)