Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Call for Abstracts:
Joint ITE International and Texas District Annual Meeting and Exhibit
Deadline for Submissions: Tuesday, November 27
The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) and the ITE Texas District invite you to submit an abstract in support of the upcoming Joint ITE International and Texas District Annual Meeting and Exhibit. The program for the National Rural ITS Annual Conference will be integrated into this meeting.
This year’s theme – Transportation Transformed – recognizes the profound change that our industry is currently facing and will be moving forward. ITE seeks abstracts that address the broad range of issues that underlie transportation's transformative role in building vibrant, livable, and healthy communities.
In developing your abstract, we encourage you to thoughtfully consider the theme and purpose of the meeting and shape your proposed presentation appropriately. An attendee needs to come away from your presentation with immediately applicable tools and/or skills or a clear vision how what you presented will shape the future of transportation. A list of meeting topics is included below.
How to Submit Your Abstract:
- If you are either a member of ITE, past member of ITE, submitted an abstract last year, or know that you have an account with ITE, click the Log In button to begin the submissions process.
- If you’ve never submitted an abstract with ITE and have never been a member, click here to create an account and earn log in credentials. You will then need to return to this page to submit your abstract.
- Have questions about logging in? Email email@example.com
- General questions about the submission process or the meeting? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moving Forward toward Vision Zero Today: Practical Solutions
- Design for Slower and Safer
- Designing Cities for Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Smart Communities=Technology + People
- Transportation Network Companies – Friend or Foe of Transit
- Technology Applications for Small Communities
- Creating Great (and Healthy) Communities through Transportation
- Are We Finally Ready to Embrace BRT?
- Building Effective Bike Networks
- Managing Curbsides: Too Many Uses, Not Enough Space
- Trip Generation Applications: What’s New?
- Signs and Markings: Innovations that Work
- Intersection Design: Designing for All Users
- Capacity Analysis: Tools and Tricks of the Trade
- Signal Timing: Balancing Safety and Mobility
- Leading in Time of Transformation
- Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce: Next Up Generation Z
- Working in the Public Sector or Private Sector: Rewards and Challenges
(Note: This has become a highly competitive process. A significant number of quality abstracts have been received by the established deadline over the past few years. While late submissions will be accepted, there is a decreased chance they will be included in this year's program. Please plan accordingly to submit your abstract by the deadline.)