Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Call for Abstracts:
Joint ITE International and Mid-Colonial District
Annual Meeting and Exhibition
July 21–24, 2024
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Submit an abstract for the Joint ITE International and Mid-Colonial District Annual Meeting and Exhibition, being held July 21–24, 2024, in Philadelphia, PA.
The theme for #ITEPhilly2024 is Creating Safer, Smarter Mobility.
The technical program will paint an optimistic picture of our transportation future, centering on practical examples of recent advances and upcoming opportunities. With Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) funding programs now in a third year, explore some real-world success stories, highlight new technology and innovation, and frame many of the conversations around our core and emerging areas of practice within ITE. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate how people-oriented planning and engineering can have positive impacts on our lives by improving safety and mobility. We are seeking presentation and session abstracts that align with this theme.
The event will be held at the Philadelphia Marriott in the heart of this historic city. Conveniently located on the east coast corridor with easy access via a variety modes of transportation, Philadelphia offers museums, parks, historic sites, and fabulous food. #ITEPhilly2024 offers educational content as well as a summer vacation opportunity for families.
ITE continues to build a dynamic content-rich program.. As in past years, we aim to create an inclusive program covering traditional topics and emerging trends with a specific focus, such as those that highlight:
- Multidisciplinary initiatives, efforts and projects, particularly those linking planning and engineering.
- Regional successes and upcoming projects designed around the theme.
- Lessons learned on how new programs and resources from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act/Bipartisan Infrastructure Law can be effectively utilized.
- Projects that are rural in nature or that are scalable across urban, suburban, and rural environments. This Annual Meeting and Exhibition will again incorporate the National Rural ITS (NRITS) Conference and ITE encourages submissions on this subject matter.
In addition, young members and students are encouraged to submit abstracts for special poster sessions.
Note: For session proposals, abstracts that propose alternative session formats, such as conversation circles, panel discussions, workshops, and technical tours, will receive additional emphasis.
ITE strongly encourages considering the theme and using the topics below as a submission guide. Please review the instructions on how to submit your abstract (scroll down) before you begin the process.
- Bringing Planning and Engineering Together in Successful Projects
- Complete Streets: Creating Street Networks that Work for All Users
- Creating Accessible, Healthy, Smart Multimodal Communities Through Transportation
- Data Driven Decision-Making and Evaluation
- Developing and Sustaining a Skilled and Diverse Transportation Workforce
- Electric Vehicles and Transportation Electrification: Opportunities and Challenges
- Enhancing Transportation System Reliability and Sustainability
- Equity in Transportation - How Do We Achieve It?
- Implementing the Safe System Approach and Vision Zero Programs
- Improving Mobility and Accessibility Through Improved Transit Services
- Innovative Approaches to Planned and Unplanned Events
- Innovative Intersection and Interchange Designs - Roundabouts and More
- Integrating Big Data, Analytics and AI to Improve Transportation Safety, Operations and Services
- Managing Speeds on Urban, Suburban and Rural Roads
- Mobility as a Service / Mobility on Demand - Services, Tools and Strategies
- Planning and Designing for Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Successfully Planning, Deploying and Maintaining ITS Technology for All Users
- Sustainable, Equitable and Transparent Transportation Planning
- Technologies to Support ITS in Rural and Small Communities
- Traffic Signal Operations: Balancing Safety and Mobility
- Trip Generation, Parking Generation and Transportation Impact Analysis: What's New?
This site allows you to submit an abstract for either a presentation or a session using the SUBMIT button above. Please make sure to select the correct option. If submitting for a session, please identify speakers for the session - this is not required, but experience indicates that session abstracts without identified speakers have a lower probability of being selected.
How to Submit Your Abstract:
- If you are either a member of ITE, past member of ITE, submitted an abstract last year, or know that you have an account with ITE, click the Log In button to begin the submissions process.
- If you’ve never submitted an abstract with ITE and have never been a member, click here to create an account to obtain login credentials. You will then need to return to this page to submit your abstract.
- § Have questions about logging in? Email email@example.com
- § General questions about the submission process or the meeting? Email Matt Jasnosz.
(Note: This process is highly competitive, with a significant number of quality abstracts received by the established deadline in recent years. Late submissions will be accepted, but with a decreased chance of inclusion in this year's program. Please plan to submit your abstract by the deadline.)